Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

We LOVE Easter. The kids get so excited. They each get an outfit play or church it really depends on their need. Breena got a dress and the boys got matching play cloths. We always start our morning off with a hard boiled Easter egg hunt. I do believe that is a Ricky tradition, as a kid I always had a hunt for my candy packed Easter basket. The kids love to look for eggs, this year they were pretty well matched and the hiding wasn't very hard and as usual was limited to the living room, I think next year we will expand. Later on in the morning I do a Easter egg hunt for the kids in the back yard. I don't really like to buy candy since we had those huge dental bills last year so the hunt I have is mainly toys! We always include our cousin Cole, why not he's family. We let Cole get a head start he was totally into for 1 min they he decided he wanted to go play in the sand box. I love that little guy! Besides Grandma Wallace was going to do an Easter egg hunt for all the grand kids and she was bringing candy. you see that is what we call a win win situation! This year we had a Wallace family dinner at my house. It has been a really long time since we have done that and it was really nice to have everyone at my house. It made me have to clean!! We did a dutch oven dinner. YUMMY! Wade cooked the chicken, potato's and a mixed berry cobbler. If you haven't had the wonderful opportunity to try Wade's cooking I recommend asking him! We sat around talking and laughing! Ann brought her old roommate, friend (And Rick and I's old co-worker and friend) Tiff-A-Riffic~ (otherwise know as Tiffany) She cracks me up and love to see her! The afternoon was almost perfect, it could have been a few degree's warmer, but we survived outside on the picnic tables anyway. I love the holidays bringing family together. There I said it!

1 comment:

Leisa said...

Easter was great at your house!!! Cole loves his aunty Mel! Thanks a million for having us!