Friday, February 27, 2009

Donuts With ...


Sunrise Elementary does a great job of reminding the parents as well as ingraining a commitment into the student to participate in "extra curricular" activities. The Valentines dance was so packed you couldn't even move. They send home a note a few days before, then the day of my little learner comes home with a sticky note. Donuts with Dad the note reads, or uncle, grandfather, or special someone. The annual event Is such a good thing, bring a book or there are some in the classroom, read the book, have a donut and orange juice. Each year Rick tries his hardest to get his truck loaded and out the door so He can get to school. The first year it didn't really happen, Rick was adorable he came home from work that night with donuts, orange juice and a Doctor Suess book. Last year I waited in the driveway of the school for a few minutes, Super dad came through and was able to spend a few minutes with T. This year it just wasn't going to happen. Trever gets so upset when we cannot participate in these events. I called my dad up at 7am arent I nice! He was so amazingly patient as I bumbled through my explanation, invitation. He had plans later in the morning but was able to come read a few books with Trever. I am so glad that my parents have been able to be there on such short notice for so many different things, often I feel that I only call them when I need something. So this post is dedicated to my father! You are truly an amazing selfless person, you have no idea what this meant to my son or I! Thank you~

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Sounds like everything worked out great!

An Army Of 3 said...

OMG! Mel, they've gotten soooo big! No sweat on the dad stuff, that's what they're there for, right? Dad's are awesome people!