Saturday, February 28, 2009

Smore's room!

So I decided to paint the master bedroom, this is a big step for me! I always panic about color on the the wall, when I am finished I always ask myself why I took so long. The master bedroom was a challenge for me, a previous owner took 2 rooms and combined them into one, this would be my room. It is long and not very well laid out. I was nervous if I picked the wrong colors it would make my room look even longer. So I set out to the paint store after Rick left to take Trever rabbit hunting for the last time this season. I was going to paint 3 walls tan and 1 wall green, when I got there I started to look at chocolate for the accent wall. I went with chocolate, each other time I have painted I chose a green. Well after a long day of driving and stress (Rick never made it hunting, he got in an accident in the canyon, which I had to drive to pick him up) I decided it was never to late to start the task of painting. at first the tan color scared me, but as it began to dry and lighten I was in love, the kids said it looked like peanut butter, but as it dried it changed to graham cracker, the chocolate wall I love!!! But that color is not a far stretch for me, I use it as my staple color in pretty much all of my scrapbook, card making projects. When finished the kids told me my room was the smores room, graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallows(the ceiling). Leave it to the kids to help me think of food each time I go into my room! Now I just need to do all the finishing touches, pine base boards, pine window sills, blinds, curtains, matching bed set, oh yeah my pine bed frame needs finished as well (it's been in Ricks shop for 16 months), I guess I have more to do than I thought decorating is never done.

1 comment:

The Jensen's said...

It looks great! how fun I cannt wait to paint!