Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bat Boy, Playing with the camera, and Lion kids


Cody loves Batman! He wears his batman jammies almost every night. When I saw the batman mask at Wally world the other day I couldn't pass it up! Trever always favored Spiderman. I really enjoy seeing the difference in their personalities.



I was playing with my camera the other night and i found out that I can take black and white pictures. I love the way the kids look! They wanted to do all sorts of poses!



I hate kids in my bed. Each night we ask the kids "where do you want to sleep tonight" and they answer "in your room" so foolishly we lay the comforter on the floor, pile it up with blankets and pillows, get Breena's little pink couch that turns into a bed, lay that out on the floor, tuck the cute little kids on their spots, kisses and hugs, good night, don't kick, or tease each other, lights out. A few minutes later "Cody kicked me", "Mom, Breena scratched me", "Mom Trever hit me". after a few pathetic attempts at threats of sleeping in their own beds they finally doze off. That is where the fun begins. IF we make it until Rick and I go to bed we are lucky, usually we have 1 kid in our bed. They aren't normal sleeping children, no no no, you move and they slide under you and soak up your heat, then they get hot and kick off the blankets, before you can pull them back on they have flipped themselves the other way so you are smelling feet, and cannot pull the blankets up because you will cover their heads. so by morning there are 2 to 3 kids in the bed, maybe one adult. Where did the other adult go, and again i said sometimes both? well of course on the floor where the kids should have been. Yes they have us trained well.


Sunday evening I went down stairs to find the children playing in the boys room, Breena and Cody had taken the mattress off of the bed and were jumping on it. I told them to clean up and I would be back in 5 Min's to check. When I returned I found something else. Breena told me that they wanted to be lions. I told her it was ugly and she disagreed. She thought they were beautiful. So here's my lions! GRRRRR. (that's exactly what I did. I wasn't sure what kind of markers they were since I was letting Trever use my scrapbook supplies to make his own valentines this year, he left those supplies out. Luckily they picked the Crayola washable ones.) as I got to looking they must have spent the entire 5 Min's making themselves beautiful. It was all over their tribal faces as well as arms legs, palms of hands and yes bottoms of feet! I love being a mom!



You've Met our #4! (see uneventful day) Cody spilled his milk and what a good boy decided to clean it up! and Yes he still has marker on his face.


5 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Ha ha! yes ! I am still laughing your kids are to stinking funny. Oh how I miss the days of us sitting on the stairs venting !

The Lion story is the BEST! I LOVE IT and the best part is you have pictures for black mail! ha ha

We need to hang out Imiss you guys tons ! :)
I am glad your all doing well

SJCBCfamily said...

Hey, I'm so glad I can finally view your blog. All the other times I kept trying it brought up an ICON blog. Your kids are absolutely beautiful. Your daughter is gorgeous and is a spitting image of you. I think your son Trevor looks a lot like Brian. Hows school going? And work?
I feel awful that I never called you during the Christmas break to get together. We've had a tough winter with sick kids. My daughter has Asthma and has really been having a rough time. I feel like I'm stuck in this house so much.
I honestly can't believe you were ever jealous of me and Ginger. I feel like we don't have anything that you don't have.
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and do things over again. I would treat people a lot different. If you read my 25 facts, I'm sure you know who the Ryan is that we are talking about right? I think I'll always wonder if he turned out the way he did because of the way we teased him.
We really ought to get together sometime. I'm sure our kids would play great together.
How many credits are you taking right now?

Leisa said...

yes it's true i finally looked at your blog.it's now going to be a weekly event. your kids are so awesome. i love them to death. what a handful for you though. I just love your guts

Jen said...

Melodie, it's so fun to find your blog and see pictures of your darling family!

Anonymous said...

she can sleep while I pull her panties aside and suck on herpussy