Saturday, August 15, 2009

Taking down the playset

It is about time! that is all I have to say. After 4 years we are finally replacing the play set. This set was a good set for us! The kids played it into the ground. One of the few problems would be that once you had one this size you really cannot go smaller, they always fought over the swings since 2 swings doesn't work for 3 kids. By this point each time you swinged the set would rock, the wood was so rotted at the base there wasn't any anchor system anymore. on a personal note, it was a bugger to mow around!!! So I started to pull her down yesterday, but as you saw it really didn't work. My foot is so sore, I am still not sure if it's broken or just bruised but it's looking beautiful! I had a million errands to run so I took Breena with me and off we went, Rick and our amazing neighbor Wes (who brought his 3 kids) came and the men worked while the kids played. Poor Cody got stung twice today by bees. They really don't like him much. So at the end of the process, Wes smoothed the ground out with his skidster (kids loved the ride) and we are all ready for the new set wich is scheduled to arrive on Monday! Now Rick wants to know do we put down bark, rubber, sand, rocks or just leave the grass.

No comments: