Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bear Lake

I am not a spontaneous person, I haven't been for years, Cody sort of cured that for me, so pat me on the back I was spontaneous and never regretted it. The neighbors asked us if we wanted to go to Bear Lake, (keep in mind they asked us on Saturday around 3 and we were on the road by 4). We would spend the night at their family cabin and spend Sunday at the lake with their family boat! We piled into separate vehicles boys in one with the boat and the girls in another to set off for food and supplies. We got to the cabin and spend the evening looking at an amazing view of the blue lake. The breeze was so calming. We finished the night with a movie, I don't reccomend the happening. I am so not a thriller movie person to begin with, but I was sort of bummed that I invested so much emotion into the movie and then it went sci-fi on us. I haven't slept that well in a long time. Breena and Kambry slept bum to bum, Trever and Hayden stayed in the bunk room and like always Cody slept with me. I need to get the kids out of my bed, they sneak in about 3 or at least Breena does, we end up all on our sides squished!! ok back to the lake. We backed up to the lake in Jaci's car, popped the back and started to play. I don't think my kids had ever been on a boat before and they loved it. We took the water weinie out, the kids laughed the entire ride, I cannot say the same for me, Justin was set to get his wife and I kicked off that float as quickly as possible! We stayed the entire day and I never once was ready to go. I defiantly will put this on my list of things to do again! Breena and Kambry sat in a puddle for a good part of the day finding shells, we brought plenty home. While they were sitting there a seagull flew in and almost walked right up. I thought the girls would scream or swoosh it away instead they sat there and stared back! We made remarkable strides as far as fear and water, by the end of the day Cody was wading out in the water chest deep, He should have his life jacket on, he took it off because he was done swimming, well at least I thought he was.

No comments: