Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pyro's and Posers

4th of July is gaining ground on becoming one of my favorite holidays! The last few years I have done a booth in Lewiston for my Stampin Up! It usually goes pretty well. This year Rick threw a wrench in my plans the night before. He usually takes the kids to the parade in the morning while I set up my booth. Each year on the first week end of the month there is a huge car show; The Cache Valley Cruise in. Well this year the happened to be the same week end, so Rick wanted to go to the car show and I was stuck with the 2 little ones for the day. I set the booth up alright with them running around, thankfully my sister Chris took the kids over to my parents who were watching the parade, when it was over they brought them back, I couldn't have done it without them! The kids couldn't Wait until Firework time, the asked all day! finally it was getting close enough to evening and we broke out the smoke bombs, snaps, and snakes. The evening was perfect, we set up seating in our drive way so Pyro Rick could put on his firework show! We giggle and laughed for hours. The kids would take their sparklers one in each hand and run through the front yard arms spread laughing and screaming Engine one is on fire, were going to crash, oh no engine two is on fire. Soooooo cute! Rick got these I don't know what they were, like sparklers but when you got them close to the ground they left a white mark, so the coloring with the fire sticks began! Trever drew a couple of people and a sun, Cody was a free spirit and doodle all over. So I've noticed for a while, and maybe mentioned it before; Each time I take a picture of Breena she poses! I can't get a normal looking kid picture from me, also she crosses her legs like a lady when she sits. HELLO! she is only 5 stop growing up! She asked when she gets to go the big school that is only 2 months away!

No comments: