Sunday, March 22, 2009

There is hope for me yet!

I am truly not very good at decorating, by looking at my bare walls you would know this. It is such a big step for me to add color to my walls, but to put something else up is just as hard. I don't have an eye for decorating. So I have had a shelf on my wall since last fall,(thanks Leisa) It has been empty since then except for Christmas where I hung our stocking from the rod. Ricky kept asking what I was going to do with it, I would say put some piney thing up with a few nick nacks. Well after I think 3 years Ricky finally got the deer skin back he sent of to have tanned. He said it just clicked! he hung the skin from the rod, then he went out to the shop and got the antlers from that deer, as well as the remains of another deer. he placed them on the shelf and he loved it. I was really torn, I like the outdoors look, but the antlers alone on the shelf just didn't look right, maybe the carcas was just to white and screamed DEAD ANIMAL. So I broke down and got my piney thing (actually leaves) and some picture frames with pictures from the 2 hunts as well as some other nick nacky things. I am pretty impressed, and the carcas now fits! I have a little concern that guest might think its a bit much, but I now like it as well. What a long entry over a shelf! I included one of the pictures I have on the shelf. Ricky and our neighbor Jared decided to take the boys (Trever and Jayse) out for an evening to deer hunt, Ricky decided if they saw anything with horns he would fill his tag, what fun it would be for the boys to see their first kill. Sure enough they saw a tiny 2 point. Their smiles were huge!

No comments: